The purpose of the Alumni Mentor Program is to foster a community where Chamberlain University alumni can share their professional and personal expertise to support current students in navigating through their educational journey and prepare for careers in their fields.
To facilitate meaningful mentor relationships between alumni and current students where alumni motivate and encourage students by building confidence, character development and academic success.
- Participants register and complete a questionnaire, which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alumni may participate as a mentor for individual one-on-one mentoring or group mentoring (up to three mentees in the same program). Students may participate as mentees.
- Students will be paired with a mentor who best matches their career interests.
- Alumni mentors may either accept or decline a recommended match.
- Mentors remain anonymous until the connection is accepted. Once mutually established, the mentor-mentee pair then agree on goals and communication preferences.
- At the end of each session, students and mentors are provided an opportunity to continue in the program or withdraw. There will also be multiple opportunities throughout the program to provide feedback.