Helpful Do’s and Don’ts
- Take the initiative in starting the conversation. Alumni can only respond once a connection has been initiated, so you must reach out first!
- Always display professional behavior when interacting in the system and with AUC Alumni.
- Respect the time of alumni by having your topics ready to discuss prior to the scheduled interaction.
- Check the platform regularly and follow up in a timely manner.
- Directly ask alumni for a job or internship.
- Expect alumni to have the answer to all your career-related questions. When in doubt, contact the Admissions team for more information.
- Use inappropriate language or communicate in ways that are disrespectful, unprofessional, or derogatory.